SAFE ACT Requirements
- SAFE MLO Test – All licensees must pass the National and State Components of the SAFE MLO Test by 12/01/2010.
- Criminal Background Check – All licensees must submit fingerprints through NMLS for a criminal background check by 12/01/2010.
- Credit Report – All licensees will be required to authorize a credit report through NMLS between October 2010 and March 1, 2011.
Iowa Mortgage Education Requirements
- SAFE Act Pre-License (Required courses – SAFE CORE 8 hours) – All new applicants on or after 1/1/2010 must have completed hours of NMLS approved pre-licensure education by 12/01/2010. Existing licensees must complete 20 hours of NMLS approved pre-licensure education by 12/01/2010, unless the licensees has completed 20 hours of state approved education by 12/31/2009. State approved courses will longer be accepted after 12/31/2009.
- SAFE Act Continuing Education (Required courses – SAFE CORE 7 hours) – All licensees must take 8 hours of NMLS approved continuing education in 2010 in order to renew for 2011, unless PE was completed in 2010. This course should be taken Yearly by 12/31.
- Certification (Education) – Currently licensed MLOs who have completed at least 20 hours of IA state approved education on or before 12/31/2009 may be eligible to participate in the PE certification process and may not need to take the NMLS approved pre-licensure education. Refer to your state agency for more information.
- Certification (Test) – Currently licensed MLOs who have passed the IA mortgage test no later than 7/30/2009 may be eligible to participate in the testing certification process and may not need to take the IA Component of the SAFE MLO Test. Refer to your state agency for more information.
MortgageEducation.com and 360Training Marketing Questions
What are the different course formats available to the student?
We have 4 formats: Live Classroom Instruction, Classroom Equivalent Webinars: for Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education, Online Instructor Led for Pre-Licensure, Self Study Continuing Education classes
How long is the course good for? For Pre-license? For CE?
Course purchases are good “forever,” with the only barrier being if we discontinue a course. The course timing expiration varies:
- Classroom – scheduled
- Webinar- 2 to 5 Hours
- Online Instructor Led- 3 to 5 days
What is the vendor approval number?
Our NMLS Provider ID: 1400051
What are the course approval numbers?
Consult the NMLS Master Course Catalog for more detail
How can the Live Instructor help while the customer is taking the course? Is it 24X7?
When the students are in the Webinar based classes, the instructor is there the entire time to answer questions. With the Online Instructor Led, emails go to two instructors, both of whom have general knowledge and are generally available. Responses to activities in the courses occur twice a day. Tech Support – 9:30- 6:30 EST
What’s the Refund policy?
A request for refund, less a 15% processing fee, will be honored if requested within seven calendar days of purchase date. Additionally, for classroom courses, refund requests must be received no later than seven days prior to the course start date. No refunds will be issued for completed courses
How does the online course player work?
What’s the passing score for Pre-license and for CE?
We use “articulate.” we have timed slide progression, interspersed with Knowledge Check, which are short four-question quizzes that require 100% to pass and continue
Are we going to take care of the Live classroom registrations if yes please specify how?
A mix of manual and technology based requests will be done on our end
Are there any pre-test requirements for Pre-licensing for each state if yes please specify.
Students may take the NMLS State and National Exams in any order they choose, and may take them before or after completing the Pre-Licensing Education
Are the printable certificates available upon completion?
If you are not taking these courses for Continuing Education Credit or State Certifications of any Kind, your Certificates will be available to you to Print from your Final exam box located on your “Welcome Page” instantly upon completion of the Final exam